How do I register with meat-online?
To register you will need to create a profile where we will require your name, e-mail address, a password and some other details.
Click here to go to the registration/login page
How do I order something from meat-online?
1. Look for the goods you wish to buy
When you find an item that interests you, click the name of the item to see its details.
2. Add to cart
When you have decided on the goods that you want to buy, click on “Add to cart.” Your shopping cart contains all the products that you have selected to buy. Once you’ve added an item to your Shopping Cart, keep searching until your cart contains all of the items you want to order. You can access the contents of your Shopping Cart at any time by clicking the Shopping cart icon
3. Check out
- To proceed to checkout, click on the ‘proceed to checkout’ button.
- Your product list will appear
- If you are not logged in, you will now be prompted to log in or register
- Select your delivery address or create a new delivery address
- Select your payment method, and click on the ‘buy now’ button on the bottom right of the page
- Click on ‘proceed’ if you are ready to complete the payment process
- A complete order summary will now display with all the details of your order. Please ensure that all information, including your delivery details are correct.
I want an item that I can't see on the website, are you able to provide it for me?
Often we can – there are very many cuts that we can provide for you. Just give us a call or send us an email we’d be more than happy to discuss the items that you would like to order.
Your order will be added as a custom product on our site. The link will be sent to you, allowing you to pay via credit card or EFT.
What is meat-online’s disputes and queries policy?
Click here to see our policy on disputes and queries.
How soon after ordering can I expect my delivery?
- Orders placed before 11.00 a.m. Monday to Friday will be delivered the following day.
- Orders placed after 11.00 a.m. Monday to Thursday will be delivered 2 days later.
- Orders placed on Fridays between 11.00 a.m. and 3 p.m. will be delivered on the following Monday
- Orders placed after 3.p.m on a Friday or on weekends will be delivered on the following Tuesday.
What are the delivery schedules?
Your order will be delivered between 9.00 a.m and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday. You also have the option of collecting your order from our plant at 2 Bundo Road, Sebenza, Edenvale but this needs to be specified in advance.
Where do you deliver to?
We currently deliver to most metropolitan Johannesburg suburbs. Click here for a list of some suburbs that we currently deliver to. You can also collect an order from our plant in Edenvale or from one of the Grillhouse Restaurants in Rosebank and Sandton.
What will delivery cost me?
If your total order value is over R800, delivery is free. If it is under R800, delivery is R120.
Will I have to sign for my delivery?
Yes! As we are delivering perishable products, it is important that your delivery is signed for, checked against the delivery note, and preferably refrigerated immediately (although our boxes will keep your order cool for a few hours if stored in a cool place.)
What happens if an item is missing from my shipment?
You need to notify our driver or courier immediately so that he can confirm a missing item. If this is verified it will be replaced free of charge.
What are my payment options?
You may pay with a valid credit card, via instant EFT or Zapper (www.zapper.com)
When will my credit card be charged?
Upon the successful placing of your order and the approval of your Credit Card. If there are any problems, we will try to contact you.
Is your meat organic?
No, our products are not certified organic, but we source only from approved abattoirs who ensure certain standards of animal welfare.
We also do not specify our meat as “grass-fed” because there is no uniform country-wide standard or audit currently applied to meat designated as “grass-fed” in South Africa. Various farms and companies have their own protocols, but these vary, and supply is often limited.
In order to guarantee a regular supply of top quality beef and lamb, we procure beef from top approved abattoirs and will only use top grade beef and lamb.
Is your meat Halaal?
No. Although much of our meat is slaughtered in Halaal approved abattoirs our facility is not approved.
Why are there no Venison products on offer?
At the moment, we have decided to concentrate on what we do best – beef, pork, specialised lamb and chicken products. We will look to expand our product range in the future.